Ready for a Great Week
It's not often that we have a "normal" week, but that is what we have for this week. No changes to the learning model, no holidays, no major events. While we continue to keep a close eye on any Covid-19 impact, there's also a lot to be said for anticipating a typical 5-day week of school.
Have a great week!
Principal, Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
THURSDAY MORNING INTERVENTION RESUMES
Last Thursday, we restarting our Thursday morning intervention times. If your student is falling behind or just wants a little extra help, please encourage him/her/them to come early at 7:35am to meet with any teacher.
2ND QUARTER HONOR ROLL
Congratulations to those students who earned honors through the 2nd Quarter Honor Roll. Here is a link to the list.
Need some help with your students' Chromebook? If you have any tech issues, please email our Tech department at: email@example.com
Some families may be having internet connectivity issues. If so, here is a link to some possible troubleshooting tips!
COUNSELOR'S CORNER: Here is a link to this week's Counselors' Corner!
COUNSELORS' CORNER, VIRTUAL EDITION: Our counselors have created a special Counselors' Corner for our virtual students. Please click here for that version!
APEX LEARNER, EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Please see the links below for the weekly activities for our online students:
Remote Learning Orientation and Video
Middle School Links and Extra Activities
High School Links and Extra Activities
Notes for Remote Learning Academy Students
Next week (1/25-1/29) is MAP testing time for junior/senior high school RLA students taking the following classes:
- All levels ELA Grades 7-10;
- All levels of Math 7, Math 8, Alg. I, Alg. II, and Geom.;
- Science 8
You will find testing dates, times, and links in the "Middle/High School Links and Extra Activities," but here is a summary:
- Monday, 9:00-10:30 AM: ELA 7, 8
- Tuesday, 9:00-10:30 AM: Math 7, 8 (Honors Algebra I test is Friday.)
- Wednesday, 9:00-10:30 AM: Science 8
- Thursday, 9:00-10:30 AM: ELA 9, 10 (regular, honors, credit recovery)
- Friday, 9:00-10:30 AM: Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry (regular, honors, credit recovery)
You will earn 1.5 hours of class time for taking your test!!!!
In Case You Missed It
8TH GRADE WASHINGTON DC TRIP UPDATE
May 10-13, 2021 are the confirmed dates for DC. I will put it on the DC Schoology page. Shane, could you put a blurb in the weekly minute that these are the new dates to let the eighth graders know the dates and that they can still sign up if they want to! You can include my email if they have questions. Thanks everyone! Hopefully by May we are good to go!
EXTRA LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
The Academies @Home are virtual weekend and summer programs taught by Harvard undergraduates to help curious high schoolers discover what they are passionate about and learn about the different career paths. Currently, they have programs on Pre-Med, Coding, Business, Business Consulting, Pre-Law, and Politics. Please see https://homeacademies.com/ for more information. I've also cc'ed the partnerships manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) just in case you might be interested in running programs at your school or learning more!
Mobile Dentist Update for Jr/Sr High School: Our Mobile Dentist Smile Program for the Junior/Senior High School has been moved to February 2nd and 4th. For more information, please see this link.
LOOKING FOR PREVIOUS WILDCAT WEEKLY EMAILS?
Wildcat Weekly are posted on the Deer Park Schools News webpage. Here is a link to our District News Page.
Upcoming Dates to Know
February 5th: Midterm of 3rd Quarter
February 15th: President's Day (No School)
February 23rd: ACT for Juniors
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School