We are looking forward to finally having another full week of classes! While the snow days are certainly nice every once and awhile, we also know that we miss connecting and teaching our students on those days.
Please continue to help check your child's grades, especially as we near the end of the 3rd quarter (officially ending on March 12th). With just two and a half weeks of school days left, the time will pass quickly.
As always, please be sure to reach out with any questions or concerns.
Principal, Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
Conference sign-ups are now open by visiting Myconferencetime.com/deerpark
Please note that 7th-10th grade conferences are "team" conferences. Also please remember that our conferences have been bumped to March 11th, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
ACT DAY REMINDER FOR THIS TUESDAY
This coming Tuesday, February 23rd is our annual ACT testing day for high school juniors. 9th, 10th, and 12th graders will have a late start day, and doors will open for them at 11:50 a.m. All 7th, 8th, and 11th graders will report to school at normal time this Tuesday.
Students who are not on quarantine will still need to be called in as absent. Please help us keep track of attendance and any possible contact tracing with a quick call to our attendance line (513-891-0010).
GRADES FOR REMOTE LEARNING ACADEMY (RLA) STUDENTS:
Third quarter ends on March 12th. However, the last day to turn in assignments for the 3rd quarter will be WEDNESDAY, MARTH 10TH AT MIDNIGHT. Whatever your grade is at that time will be your 3rd quarter grade on your report card. Additionally, 2nd semester grades will be calculated the same way they were calculated in the 1st semester, and final grades in year-long courses will be an average of 1st semester and 2nd semester grades.
MOBILE DENTIST UPDATE
Unfortunately our mobile dentist will again need to be rescheduled due to our recent snow day. Please be on the lookout for updates soon!
CONFERENCE TIME UPDATE
Conferences that have been rescheduled for March 11th will be held from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Look for conference sign-ups in next week's Weekly Memo!
Need some help with your students' Chromebook? If you have any tech issues, please email our Tech department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some families may be having internet connectivity issues. If so, here is a link to some possible troubleshooting tips!
COUNSELOR'S CORNER: Here is a link to this week's Counselors' Corner!
COUNSELORS' CORNER, VIRTUAL EDITION: Our counselors have created a special Counselors' Corner for our virtual students. Please click here for that version!
APEX LEARNER, EXTRA ACTIVITIES: Please see the links below for the weekly activities for our online students:
Remote Learning Orientation and Video
Middle School Links and Extra Activities
High School Links and Extra Activities
In Case You Missed It
ACT SCHEDULE: FEBRUARY 23RD
Our juniors will take the ACT on Tuesday, February 23rd. To help accommodate for the number of teacher proctors needed this year, we are going to have our 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students have a late start that day. All 7th and 8th graders will come to school as normal that day. A couple other details:
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will be let into the building at 11:55 a.m.
- Students with 5A lunch will report to lunch, students with 5B lunch will report to class and then to lunch at 12:22 p.m. (your child should know which lunch he/she/they have)
- 9th, 10th, and 12th grade students will follow their daily schedule as a virtual learning day that day. These students should be using Schoology to log in and find their teachers' assignments for that morning. Here is a link to our daily bell schedule.
LOOKING FOR PREVIOUS WILDCAT WEEKLY EMAILS?
Wildcat Weekly are posted on the Deer Park Schools News webpage. Here is a link to our District News Page.
Upcoming Dates to Know
February 23rd: ACT for Juniors (Late start for 9th, 10th, and 12th graders)
March 4th/5th: In-Person Learning Days for Students
March 10th: Last in-person day for students for the 3rd quarter
March 11th: Conference Day (No School for Students)
March 12th: No School for Students (Teacher records day and official end to the 3rd quarter)
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- E-Mail: If you are not already signed up, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to www.deerparkcityschools.org and click on the button on the left side of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”. From there, you will send an email requesting that you be added to future email communication from the district.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School