A Message from the Administrators
Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School Families:
Welcome back Deer Park families to our Wildcat Weekly, your one-stop-shop for school information and news!
The Wildcat Weekly will first highlight teaching and learning taking place in our classrooms, our number one priority. You will be provided photographs of our instructors engaged in authentic work with their students, using best practice, research-based teaching strategies. You will also be informed on any upcoming important dates to mark on your calendars, big news that you need to know about our school, as well as a "Counselor's Corner" to address topics coming from our guidance counselors.
We are so excited to start the school year with you!
Bob and Mindy
|Bob Winterberger, Principal
||Mindy Robertson, Assistant Principal
Welcome to the 2021-22 School Year!
Last Thursday, Mr. Winterberger and Mrs. Robertson released a welcome letter featuring many of the key details you'll want to know before the start of the school year. This included bell schedules, Open House, school supplies, and much more! Click the link below to read the complete release:
1st Day of School Info for Parents, Guardians, & Students
As we approach the first day of school, here is some important information about schedule distribution and the first day of school.
- Students can access their schedule via Schoology beginning August 12, 2021.
- Students should access Schoology to identify their 1st bell course (listed as either Section 1, 10 or 11).
- New to the district students will have their schedules emailed to them and 7th grade will pick theirs up at the 7th grade orientation on Thursday, the 12th.
- Students will receive paper copies of their schedule during their 1st bell on the first day of the school year.
- Lockers and locker combinations are printed on schedules, so we will be giving students time during 1st bell to access their locker.
- For the first day of school, students should enter the building as they did last year. At each entrance point, 1st bell classes will be listed for those students unable to access Schoology.
- Senior and Juniors: Front of the building
- Sophomores: By the breezeway/back entrance to the gymnasium
- Freshman and 8th Grade: Auditorium entrance by the flagpole
- 7th Grade: Basement entrance by the cafeteria
Finally . . . If your student is concerned about returning to school given the previous years’ events and challenges, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us! Your student’s teachers, counselors, school nurse, and administrators are here to help!
Sandy's Closet Clothing Room Now Open
Sandy's Closet clothing room will now be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. beginning August 9, 2021. If an evening appointment is needed please contact Patty Hadden.
We are extremely appreciative of donations of youth clothing for Sandy's Closet. The closet is only able to accept clothing for infants to adolescence. Please do not drop off adult clothing, high heel shoes, toys, baby furniture, or formal dresses.
7th Grade Parent/Student Open House: Thursday, August 12 - | 5-6:30 PM
Back to School Bash - Jr./Sr. High School: Friday, August 13 | 11 AM-1 PM
Jr./Sr. High School Open House: Friday, August 13 | 1-2 PM
First Day for Students: Tuesday, August 17
There are multiple ways to stay connected to Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School. Please see the attached flyer for ways to stay connected through Email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Text Messages.
- Newsletters: All parents who have completed FinalForms should receive Amity Weekly Newsletters. If you are not currently receiving them, please register for the e-mail communication. To register, simply go to https://www.deerparkcityschools.org/ and click on the button on the bottom of the page that says “Subscribe to District News”.
- Twitter: Follow Deer Park Jr./Sr. High School for the most up-to-date news and happenings! @DeerParkHS, @DeerParkSchools and @dpcounselor.
- Facebook: follow us at Deer Park Community City Schools and Deer Park Jr/Sr High School
Inspiring & Empowering Lifelong Success